Thomas and Kylie’s wedding day at The Ivy Place was organic, sweet, and calm. I love the sweet quiet moments and stolen glances these two shared throughout the day. Instead of a first look, Kylie and Thomas stood back-to-back minutes before their ceremony and prayed together in private. All the succulents that were used throughout the day — the hairpiece, boutonniere, cake decor, and wedding favors were simply gorgeous. I love how those small details created such an organic elegance. Oh – and the sunsets at The Ivy Place can’t be beat. I just love everything about the gorgeous venue (and the wonderful people who run it!) A special moment that stood out to me was when they got to Facetime Kylie’s brother who is away on duty in the military. It was a happy and emotional moment for the couple and their families – and I loved that the Ipad got passed around as he got the chance to see everyone at the reception. A huge thank you to Bethany for helping me photograph the day! Kyle and Thomas, it was a pleasure getting to know your sweet love and calm personalities. I wish you so many blessings for your marriage and life together xo – enjoy a glimpse at some of my favorite moments and images from this special day.
Matt & Sarah’s wedding was simply a dream. Big Spring Farm in the rolling hills of Lexington, Virginia was the perfect venue and setting for such relaxed, heartfelt, and joyful day. I felt myself tearing up throughout the day with just how much love surrounded this day and couple. I don’t think any kind of explanation of words could describe this wedding, I want the images to speak for themselves and wanted to share a few things that stuck out to me:
– One of my favorite things about the day was how often Sarah and Matt would stop and completely soak in what was going on in the moment.
– Doesn’t Sarah look like a dream? Her hair and dress were a perfect fit for their romantic Fall wedding on the farm. Seriously girl – swoon.
– Sarah wore a dragonfly pin on her heart in remembrance of her father – telling me the story behind the dragonfly pin will always be with me.
– Sarah’s sister wrote and performed two songs at the wedding! One song she performed as her maid-of-honor speech and was a complete surprise.
– The desserts and pies at the reception were made by different members of the family. How sweet is that?
– Oh, and Big Spring Farm? Please have me back every weekend to photograph romantic sunsets on your grounds. Swoon.
A very special thanks once again to Julia for traveling with me to Virginia to help photograph the day. Sarah & Matt – I’ve so loved getting to know and document your love throughout the past year. I simply adore you guys and your hearts. See you soon when you come visit me in Charlotte (can’t wait!) xo
Venue: Big Spring Farm
Florist: The Jefferson Florist & Garden
Cupcake Artist: The Drunken Cupcake
DJ: Richard Green Entertainment
Hair Artist: Salon of Lexington
Wedding Dress Boutique: Hannelore’s in Alexandria
Rentals: Central Virginia Rental, Lexington
Officiant: Matthew Watson
Stationary & DIY: Designed by bride and her mother
This past Fall I had the pleasure of photographing something a little different than what you typically see on the blog – a maternity session! I met Steve & Jennifer at one of my very favorite venues (The Ivy Place) to photograph such a special time in their lives before their baby girl arrived! Towards the end of the session the sky opened up to a down-pouring of rain. I love the moodiness that the rain brought to the session and how Jennifer and Steve laughed and went about the session without a care in the world. Congrats on your precious baby girl you two, and thank you for having me capture such an important event in your lives xo Enjoy some of my favorites from our time together xo