Matt & Sarah’s wedding was simply a dream. Big Spring Farm in the rolling hills of Lexington, Virginia was the perfect venue and setting for such relaxed, heartfelt, and joyful day. I felt myself tearing up throughout the day with just how much love surrounded this day and couple. I don’t think any kind of explanation of words could describe this wedding, I want the images to speak for themselves and wanted to share a few things that stuck out to me:
– One of my favorite things about the day was how often Sarah and Matt would stop and completely soak in what was going on in the moment.
– Doesn’t Sarah look like a dream? Her hair and dress were a perfect fit for their romantic Fall wedding on the farm. Seriously girl – swoon.
– Sarah wore a dragonfly pin on her heart in remembrance of her father – telling me the story behind the dragonfly pin will always be with me.
– Sarah’s sister wrote and performed two songs at the wedding! One song she performed as her maid-of-honor speech and was a complete surprise.
– The desserts and pies at the reception were made by different members of the family. How sweet is that?
– Oh, and Big Spring Farm? Please have me back every weekend to photograph romantic sunsets on your grounds. Swoon.
A very special thanks once again to Julia for traveling with me to Virginia to help photograph the day. Sarah & Matt – I’ve so loved getting to know and document your love throughout the past year. I simply adore you guys and your hearts. See you soon when you come visit me in Charlotte (can’t wait!) xo
Venue: Big Spring Farm
Florist: The Jefferson Florist & Garden
Cupcake Artist: The Drunken Cupcake
DJ: Richard Green Entertainment
Hair Artist: Salon of Lexington
Wedding Dress Boutique: Hannelore’s in Alexandria
Rentals: Central Virginia Rental, Lexington
Officiant: Matthew Watson
Stationary & DIY: Designed by bride and her mother